To me, jewelry is a fun and girlie way of showing off your style. Sometimes you just want to wear a normal white t, jeans, and converse without looking too plain. Yet, throwing on jewels adds the perfect touch to any outfit. All of a sudden, you look dressed up without having to put in more time than it takes you to shut a couple clasps. To be honest, it took me a while to compile a solid set of stacked jewelry that was perfect for every occasion. A set I could wear to the office, switch up for a night out on the town, wear lounging around or running errands in my comfy clothes. Now at 22, I found my absolute favorites. So here are my simple tips when creating your own ultimate jewelry capsule collection.
1.Start With the Simple Stuff
I normally try and collect all my jewelry when traveling. Luckily, my now favorite jewelry company is one I discovered while visiting Austin the spring before I moved down. With that being said, Amanda Deer Jewelry has been my holy grail.
- Everything simple I wear from them: (I know, it’s a lot)
- Satellite Bracelet
- Shimmer Bracelet
- Name Bar Bracelet
- Cosmos Cuff Bracelet
- Cosmos Band Ring
- Boyfriend Ring
- CZ Huggies
- Mini Huggies Earrings (in silver and gold)
- Ear Cuff
- Paperclip Chain Bracelet
- Satellite Choker Necklace
- Paperclip Chain Necklace
- Lock Necklace
- Double Horn Necklace
- Curb Chain Necklace
2. Always Have Arm Candy That Tells Time (a.k.a Watches)
A watch is a classic when dressing for the office, dinner date, or going downtown. To be honest, I don’t ever normally wear it to tell time, but it will always be a staple piece in my jewelry collection.
Watches I have and love:
- Silver watch from Aeropostale, which is sadly out of business, but I found a couple on Poshmark that are going for cheap. This might surprise you, but I have been wearing this one for years. It actually doesn’t tell time anymore, but I’m so obsessed with the style that I haven’t been able to throw it away. It’s always a nice conversation starter when someone asks me the time when wearing it out.
- ^^ same one as above, just in rose gold. At least this one is able to tell time.
- Citizen gold watch that’s AMAZING, but a little more expensive. They don’t have the exact one I have, but this one is the closest one to it (AND it’s on sale).
- Apple watch – my office got these for all of us as a Christmas gift (I know, they’re amazing)! I’ve been wearing mine mainly during the week & my workouts to compete in all of our company fitness challenges. A few years back, I wrote up a post on the pros and cons to the Apple Watch Series 3 I had here. (An updated one for the Series 5 should be in the works shortly!)
3. Name Brand, but On a Budget
I am sure I’m not the only one that loves all the Cartier and Hermes jewelry out there. And I can imagine I’m not the only one that doesn’t want to fork over thousands for one piece. With that being said, I have found a few dupes I have loved when making my capsule collection:
- Cartier rings & bracelets dupes: my most recent dupe rings were bought at a small farmers market in West Hollywood, CA. My bracelet and other knock off rings/bracelets I get off Poshmark and Etsy time after time.
4. Take Things Up a Notch
Find killer statement pieces. From thick necklaces, bold earrings, and rings to make a simple outfit pop. I try and find my loud jewelry pieces at farmer’s markets, local shops, Etsy, and anywhere I am traveling. Some of my most recent pieces were found at various LA farmers markets:
Creating your jewelry capsule takes time and consideration. It’s like furnishing your apartment; you pick up cute pieces (and memories) along the way. Every time I look at my jewelry I remember all the adventures I went on. Now its time for you to make and buy your own!
*This post contains affiliate links.