It is officially summer. To be honest, it has been summer for a while (especially in Austin), but I am just getting around to sharing my seasonal favorites.
This summer has been a little sweeter than normal. Being able to spend my FULL summer here in Austin has been a dream. Flashing back to Montana summers, I don’t know how I did it. Don’t get me wrong, it is such a beautiful place, but you only got a couple of months of nice weather.
Here in Austin it’s beautiful about 99% of the time. There’s only one month that things get out of your comfort zone ~ August. That’s the one summer month that I got to experience in Austin last year. The temperature will rise hotter than heck-in-bob.
Even though this summer has been a treat after spending 21 year in Montana, I found a couple new things that have made my favorites list and I am ready to share them with y’all.
- Loving Tan: When you live in a hot area, yah got a bronzed stereotype to uphold + I’m not about baking my skin countless times.
- Tanning Mitt: I currently have the Loving Tan version, but I am all about this set.
- Tanning Brush: I always go over my hands and feet with a makeup brush to make sure my tan is consistent throughout.
- Jade Roller: I always put mine in the fridge or freezer to really cool and depuff in the mornings.
- Brightening Face Lotion: I have been testing this out for about 2 months now ~ it’s perfect. It’s lightweight + really brightens your skin.
- I.T. Cosmetics CC+ Cream: If you’ve followed me for a while, you know this has been my FAV for years now ~ I always make my back to ‘er.
- NYX Bronzer: This has also stuck with me for about 4 years now. It’s a cheap option and gets the job done well for a hot summer in Texas.
- Strappy Sandals: I bought these when I first moved to Austin and have been wearing them none-stop. They’re under $30 and perfect for just about every occasion.
- Black Tank: I talked about this in my Shein haul. It’s absolutely perfect and I’m always reaching for it for nights out with my friends.
- Grey Shorts: This is another Shein item that’s around $10 or so. Since I’m still primarily working from home, these are a cute loungewear (but make it cute) staple.
- Black Shorts: I wear errythang black. Needless to say, these shorts fit in with my wardrobe perfectly.
- White Sneaks: I got these off Shein as well. They fit perfectly and give off the right athleisure look.
Health + Fitness
- Black Shorts: these are Fabletics and show off everything you want to while staying comfortable.
- Leggings: These are Lululemon Aligns and the majority of us already know how perfect they are ~ worth every penny.
- Laundry Detergent: This sounds rather weird in this section, but I have been using these as at home weights considering most dumbbells are still sold out online.
- Yoga Mat: I’ve had this mat for years now. I still use it just about every day while doing at-home workouts, yoga, or stretching after a long day.
- Roller: I don’t know about y’all, but I always have knots in my back. Since I’m not able to get a massage, or anything during this time, I invested in one of these bad boys. It really has been helping out quite a bit!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: I normally drink about 1-3 servings of this a day. I just mix it into regular water, add it to sparkling water with lemon, or just shoot
Kitchen + Home
- Tall Mason Jars: I have one of these and have been reusing it every morning for my (decaf) iced coffee.
- Squishy Straws: I add a touch to my mason jar with squishy straws. I have some metal ones but hate how they clink your teeth.
- Jewelry Organizer: I just ordered this about a month ago and have been loving it for my everyday jewelry. It’s very aesthetically pleasing for your closet.
- Monthly Whiteboard: I am a huge planner. Naturally, I fill out a monthly whiteboard planner to make sure I keep tabs on everything I need to throughout the month.
- Regular Whiteboard: Along with that, I write out and keep track of my goals for the month on a whiteboard. There will be a goal-setting podcast episode coming soon.
- Clothes Drying Rack: This is rather random, I know. But I love hanging out my clothes to air dry. This sucker can hold more clothes than you thought and looks very clean.
I hope you’ve found yourself some nifty summer favs to get through this year.
XXXX – Kayla
Leave a Reply