Chasing after your dreams can be really scary sometimes ~ especially if it means making it in a town after you already thought you had your life figured out.
On today’s episode, Lauren, the creator of Let’s Talk LoCo podcast + fashion boss babe lays it all out there for you.
Not only did she decide to go back to school after getting her degree in business, she has constantly put herself out there + faced her fears to reach her biggest goals and dreams.
Whether you’re wanting to take your passion a little more seriously or re-start in fashion, this episode is for you!
Lauren even talks about how living in California has been (including the good and the bad) and paves the way for you to reach your dreams while avoiding the hiccups she may have had along the way.
Here are the key takeaways we talked about on this episode:
- Intro to Lauren + how we met each other 1:52
- Lauren’s awkward story 2:28
- Lauren’s career journey into Revolve + Show Me Your Mumu 4:10
- What really made Lauren stand out when applying to Revolve 8:20
- How Lauren found her passion for fashion 10:55
- What is fashion school really like? 14:09
- Tips to getting into FIDM (or a relatable fashion school) 19:22
- Negotiating your pay + your worth 23:05
- How Lauren co-founded a fashion brand + tips for others wanting to do the same 28:03
- Tailoring your fashion niche before school 32:23
- The pros and cons to working at a well-established company 36:41
- When you should consider leaving your current company 40:38
- Lauren’s career game plan 47:43
- What Lauren’s learned post-college 49:28
- How to build your life + career in California 53:15
- That one thing Lauren can’t live without 1:03:30
- Lauren’s boss babe quote to live by 1:04:36
If you’d like to share your burnout story, join our community on Facebook and subscribe to this podcast for a built in boss babe community.
See you guys there!
XXXX – Kayla