Whether you’re just starting out your career journey, or you’re fully submerged, there’s always things to be learned about the job market. With times changing, industries expanding, and new standards breaking the glass ceiling, there’s no perfect way of getting seen. Yet, there are some tricks to the trade ~ and Becky lays it all out there.
Not only do we talk about resumes, cover letters, and interview tips, we get into the nitty-gritty of post-college life. From feeling like a fraud to getting over post-grad blues. If you’re like Becky and I, you may have hit real-life harder than you thought you would. You may be wanting to get closer to your dream job, make a decent amount of money, and feel confident in what you do. But, most the time, you may not know where to even start.
Tune into this week’s Life’s Awkward episode to learn how to figure out the right career path for you and learn how to answer interview trick questions. Finding the job that’s right for you and the company can be harder than you think. Not to mention, when you’re fresh out of college thinking you’re able to ditch the Cup of Noodles and roommate styled living.
Learn how to work your tail off, strategically win over an interview, and mockup the right game plan to bug someone into hiring you. If you want to reach out to Becky, you can find her on LinkedIn here!
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Introduction to Becky and what she does 0:30
- Becky’s awkward career moment 1:51
- Becky’s whole college + career path 4:06
- Living and growing up in California + tips to advocating for yourself 10:14
- Post-grad blues + feeling homesick 11:50
- How to feel confident when talking to C-suite executives 16:50
- Key things recruiters are looking for during an interview 20:11
- The juicy tips for creating a perfect resume 24:35
- Learning what to highlight in your cover letter 30:41
- Interview trick questions ~ tips to crushing it 32:45
- Personality/pre-exams + how to take “no” from your dream job recruiter 37:10
- How to rise up at your company, make an impact + leverage your skills 43:46
- Becky’s favorite quote + things 55:05
- How to find mentors + how many you should really have 59:35
All products mentioned:
See you guys there!
XXXX – Kayla