Moving to a city is inspiring. You’re able to get out of your comfort zone + have a better chance at meeting people that have similar passions to you. Rachel is that to me.
When I first moved to Austin, I attended a networking event that Rachel was speaking at. She’s one of the biggest food Instagramers + bloggers (@austinfoodstagram) here in Austin. Not only does she have a successful Instagram account, but she also has an immense amount of marketing experience in the corporate world.
Rachel shares how she started and grew her platform and career to build her resume while increasing her income. From dealing with imposter syndrome to the awkwardness of being an influencer, she spills it all.
If you’re inspired to start and build an online platform organically, today’s episode is perfect for you.
You can find Rachel on her food Instagram, personal Instagram, and her blog.
Here are the key takeaways we talked about on this episode:
- Intro to Rachel + how we (kind of) know each other 1:52
- Rachel’s awkward moment + getting put on the spot 3:16
- How Rachel found her passion and pivoted her career 4:18
- Rachel’s experience working as the Lead of Social Media 7:40
- How to find jobs in social media 10:34
- Imposter syndrome in the marketing industry 12:30
- The power of influencer marketing 15:01
- Creating a successful food diary 16:02
- Should you share your personal life when food blogging? 19:30
- Tips to staying persistent in a chaos world 21:50
- Feeling confident taking photos out in public 23:00
- Competition + purchased followers. Rachel’s insights on influencers 24:40
- How to pitch companies + prove your worth 28:25
- How to brainstorm creative content during hard times 35:05
- Finding and hiring a photographer ~ when + how-to on a budget 38:37
- Life living in Austin 41:53
- Tips to moving to Austin + the awkward Texas things you see 46:20
- One thing Rachel can’t live without + her fav quote to live by 48:22
If you’d like to share your burnout story, join our community on Facebook, and subscribe to this podcast for a built-in boss babe community.
See you guys there!
XXXX – Kayla
*This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply