As much as I love having a full fridge – I hate going to the grocery store. Once I find a grocery store I love, I study it like the back of my hand, making my trips in and out under 10 minutes. Getting everything I need for the week like a flash of lightning completing my usual weekly grocery haul.
I must say, I am a huge creature of habit. I could have the same meals every day for the rest of my life and be totally okay with it. For instance, this week’s grocery haul has been the same for a few months now. Once I find one meal that works for me, I stick with it until the end of time.
Since I have recently started a new job working 7-4:30ish Monday through Friday, I like to do all my grocery shopping and meal prepping on Sunday each week. I also try and keep up on car washes and filling up my gas tank each Sunday too – Sundays are for preparing for a boss week ahead.
In the morning I will normally head to Trader Joe’s to do the majority of my shopping. I pick up:
Veggies; cucumbers, baby carrots, celery, and frozen veg packets to make quick and easy meals out of.
Fruits; grapes to freeze and have as a dessert when I want something sweet, bananas for my oats every morning & lemons for hot lemon water.
Protein; which I get the same ol’ turkey patties.
Must I add – these are all the vitamins my naturopathic doctor has told me to take. I strongly recommend getting blood panels done to figure out what vitamins your body may need more of.
What I Make
I am weird, we have established this already. Since I am a creature of habit, I will make the same meal for lunch and dinner for the whole week. I will always listen to what my body is wanting, and shift my focus whenever need, but this last month I have been stuck on the same meals.
Oat Milk Cold Brew:
- I add two scoops of the Vital Proteins Collagen Powder with a little bit of hot water to dissolve correctly.
- Then I add either 8 ounces of the Chameleon Cold-Brew Concentrate or 4-6 ounces of the Trader Joe’s Cold-Brew Concentrate depending on what I have and how strong I want it to be.
- Top this with Oatly Oatmilk until you get that lattey kinda color (or whatever you prefer).
- Add a couple of ice cubes and a straw & you’re ready to go!
Oat Milk Drip Coffee:
- I put two scoops of the same collagen in a mug.
- Make a large cup of coffee with my Keurig using a dark roast K-cup.
- Add a touch of Oatly Oatmilk – since this can cool your drink down a tad, don’t overdo this one (or do).
- & bam! You’re ready to rock and roll.
- I add one packet of the Trader Joe’s single oatmeal packets topped with hot water.
- Then sprinkle in a little cardamom powder on top, which I sometimes put in my coffee too – absolute fav and most definitely underrated.
- Add about a tablespoon and a half of the Trader Joe’s Chunky Almond Butter with no added salt.
- And cut up a banana on top and wow, so good, yet so simple.
Lunch & Dinner – Chicken With Veg (For Two):
- I add two packets of the Trader Joe’s frozen veggie mix to a large pan.
- Put a tad bit of MCT oil,
- Cook up a couple of turkey patties on the side.
- Once everything is fully cooked up to your liking – I add about four large spoonfuls of veggies & one turkey pattie in a bowl, and
- Add salt, pepper, and a tone of coconut aminos.
- Go Macro Cashew Protein Bar‘s – great when wanting something with high protein.
- Veggies plain or with hummus.
- Rice cakes with cut up cucumber, hummus, salt, and pepper.
- Frozen grapes, my FAVVV, I eat this as a dessert at night when my cravings kick in full force.
How Much It Costs
Depending on what I need to stock up on during the week, the cost can vary from $30 to $ 100 each trip. Some weeks I will only need veggies and a protein source, and other times I will need to stock up on absolutely everything. For me, this comes out to be roughly $300 a month for healthy, organic, and balanced meals. Not too shabby if you ask me!